The Central West Gippsland PCP is committed to:
- Strengthening the alignment and integration across the health and human service system to deliver early intervention and integrated care that is responsive, person-centered and accessible.
To achieve this, the Central West Gippsland PCP is currently:
- Working with relevant PCP member agencies across Gippsland to implement the ‘Healthcare that Counts’ framework to improve care for vulnerable children.
- Continuing to embed organisational health literacy principles within the health care sector and expanding principles of improved access and understanding to the human services sector.
- Providing cross-sector capacity building and peer networking opportunities to improve engagement between service delivery staff working in the health and human services sectors.
- Advocating for PCP member agencies with the Gippsland Health Alliance (GHA) regarding progress in both regional and national digital health initiatives.
- Commencing a community consultation across Latrobe Valley to understand how consumers utilise chronic disease services and make recommendations for improvement to the health system to increase service usage (an externally funded action through the Latrobe Health Assembly).
Health Literacy Resources
Consumer Participation Resources
Service Coordination and System Integration Resources
Gippsland Service Coordination Resource (developed by Central West Gippsland PCP to provide agencies with an overview of existing Service Coordination resources)
Service Coordination Online Training Module (Department of Health & Human Services – a professional development e-learning tool to support the practice of Service Coordination in Victoria)
‘Care Journal’ (Care Communication and Record Book): a consumer self-management resource journal for Gippsland
Health Check Integrated Risk Assessment Tool (assessment tool to help identify earlier awareness of health risk factors)
Gippsland Collaborative Assessment (provides information and best practice principles for Gippsland sub regional assessment networks)
Children’s Allied Health Service Referral Pathway tool (Central West Gippsland)
Digital Health Initiatives
National Health Services Directory (online database that provides Consumers, Practitioners and Service Providers with access to up-to-date, reliable information about health, social and disability services in Victoria)
Better Health Channel (online database that provides health and medical information that is quality assured, reliable, up-to-date, easy to understand, regularly reviewed and locally relevant)
‘Argus S2S eReferral’ (GP electronic referral project for Gippsland)
‘S2S eReferral’ (electronic referral service coordination system for health and welfare services in Victoria; including usage in Central West Gippsland)
‘eCare Planning’ (regional project to coordinate client centered care supported by the use of electronic Care Planning platforms)
System Integration Meeting Group
Complex Care Network (network of Central West Gippsland service providers working together to improve client outcomes for people with complex needs)