The Central West Gippsland PCP is committed to:
- Strengthening the alignment and integration across the health and human service system to deliver early intervention and integrated care that is responsive, person-centered and accessible.
To achieve this, the Central West Gippsland PCP is currently:
- Working with relevant PCP member agencies across Gippsland to implement the ‘Healthcare that Counts’ framework to improve care for vulnerable children.
- Continuing to embed organisational health literacy principles within the health care sector and expanding principles of improved access and understanding to the human services sector.
- Providing cross-sector capacity building and peer networking opportunities to improve engagement between service delivery staff working in the health and human services sectors.
- Advocating for PCP member agencies with the Gippsland Health Alliance (GHA) regarding progress in both regional and national digital health initiatives.
- Presenting results from the community consultation undertaken across Latrobe Valley throughout 2019 to understand how consumers utilise chronic disease services, with recommendations for improvement to the health system to increase service usage (an externally funded action from the Latrobe Health Assembly).
The Central West Gippsland PCP coordinates various System Integration forums, events and resources for service providers across Central West Gippsland with the purpose of working together to improve client outcomes for people with complex needs: