After completing the course, staff will have an understanding of:
- What health literacy responsiveness is
- Their role in improving health literacy responsiveness
- How health literacy improvements can be implemented within your organisation.
The course is made up of the following 5 modules:
- Introduction: What is health literacy and why is it important?
- Leadership: How does my leadership role contribute to health literacy responsiveness?
- Communication: What influence does communication have on health literacy?
- Navigation of physical and virtual environments: What challenges do individuals face when navigating a service and how can my organisation support them?
- Partnering with consumers: How can my organisaton work with consumers to improve organisational health literacy responsiveness?
The course is designed to allow staff to complete the modules most relevant to their role. The course is suitable for all staff, regardless of their existing knowledge of health literacy. This broad approach to increase staff knowledge and skills has been designed to complement more targeted health literacy activities within your organisation.
To access the course please go to http://vicpcphealthliteracycourse.com.au.
To read more about the course learning modules: click here