Healthy Lifestyle Programs - Baw Baw & Latrobe
Central West Gippsland PCP has compiled a listing of healthy lifestyle programs and activities available in both Baw Baw and Latrobe.
These documents are available as a resource for community members; as well as to health and human service professionals to support client referrals.
To access the Healthy Lifestyle Programs documents:
- Baw Baw Healthy Lifestyle Programs - client-friendly version
- Baw Baw Healthy Lifestyle Programs - to support client referrals
- Latrobe Healthy Lifestyle Programs - client-friendly version
- Latrobe Healthy Lifestyle Programs - to support client referrals
Gippsland wide Lifestyle Modification Health Pathway
To access the Gippsland wide Lifestyle Modification Health Pathway log in here and go to Lifestyle / Lifestyle Modification Programs.
Earlier awareness of risk factors may prevent the development of cardiovascular disease and other chronic conditions.
Gippsland PHN and the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) have been working with the National Vascular Disease Prevention Alliance (NVDPA) and Victorian Chronic Disease Prevention Alliance (VCDPA) to develop a consumer health check to assess a person’s risk for type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease (heart disease and stroke) and chronic kidney disease.
The purpose of the health check is to:
- Ask questions about risk factors common to stroke, heart and kidney disease as well as diabetes.
- Direct people to general practice for further testing and/or direct people to local resources and programs supporting a healthier lifestyle.
- Identify people who may already have type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease and/or chronic kidney disease.
Accessing the Health Check
To access the Health Check on the Better Health Channel click here.
To access the Health Check in paper-based form download here.