Latrobe services open during COVID-19:
Central West Gippsland PCP have partnered with Latrobe City Council to prepare a Latrobe services open during COVID-19 report to provide information on the support available to vulnerable community members in Latrobe City during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
The collation of this information will:
- Assist service providers to appropriately refer to other support services
- Identify gaps in service provision
- Assist in collaboration between service providers
Baw Baw services open during COVID-19:
Central West Gippsland PCP have also prepared a Baw Baw services open during COVID-19 report to provide information on the support available to vulnerable community members in Baw Baw during the COVID-19 pandemic. This report will be updated fortnightly.
Food Security during the COVID-19 pandemic: Baw Baw & Latrobe:
Central West Gippsland PCP, the Baw Baw Food Movement and Food For All Latrobe Valley have developed a local food security resource:
A series of smaller fact sheets supporting eating well and food security during COVID-19 have also been developed, including:
Health Advice (Victoria):
The best place to access up-to-date Victorian health advice on Coronavirus remains dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus.
Funded Agency Channel Sector Advice:
The Funded Agency Channel have released Coronavirus information, guidelines and advice for sectors funded under the Department of Health and Human Services, Department of Education and Training, State Government of Victoria.
Australia.gov.au is regularly updated to provide latest Coronavirus news, updates and advice from government agencies across Australia.
Activity Ban - Victoria:
The Victorian Government has announced new measures to contain the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19). They came into force at 11.59pm on 30 March 2020.
The Government has announced a $130 billion JobKeeper payment to help keep more Australians in jobs and support businesses affected by the significant economic impact caused by the Coronavirus.
Around 6 million workers will receive a fortnightly payment of $1,500 (before tax) through their employer.
The payment ensures eligible employers remain connected to their workforce and will help businesses restart quickly when the crisis is over. Read more.
Support for Businesses
The Australian Government is supporting Australian businesses to manage cash flow challenges and retain employees. Assistance includes cash flow support to businesses and temporary measures to provide relief for financially distressed businesses. Read more.
Supporting Individuals and Households
The Australian Government is providing financial assistance to Australians to support them through the Coronavirus. This assistance includes income support payments, payments to support households and temporary early releases of superannuation. Read more.
Economic Justice Australia has produced a fact sheet with specific information on how to claim a Centrelink payment during COVID-19.
Victorian Economic Survival Package:
The Victorian Government has established an economic survival package to support Victorian businesses and workers through the devastating impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The $1.7 billion Economic Survival Package complements the work of the Federal Government.
Working for Victoria:
The $500 million Working for Victoria Fund will help Victorians who have lost their jobs due to the economic impacts of coronavirus (COVID-19) find new opportunities. Read more.
Board / Governance Impacts:
The Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC) has released fresh guidance of what organisations should do if they're struggling to hold regular board meetings of officially complete their Annual Information Statement. More details here.
Free Online Infection Control Training:
The Federal Government is offering workers across the health, aged care, disability and childcare sectors access to a free online training module on infection control. This training module takes about 30 minutes to complete and covers the fundamentals of infection prevention and control (IPC) for COVID-19.
Mental Health and Wellbeing:
Beyond Blue has produced a guide to mental wellbeing during the Coronavirus outbreak. The Beyond Blue Support Service offers short term counselling and referrals by phone and webchat on 1300 22 4636.
Family Violence Safety:
1800RESPECT is operating during COVID-19 and a list of safety apps for mobile phones can be found at their website.
The safe steps 24/7 family violence crisis response phone line will continue to operate as usual 1800 015 188.
Domestic Violence Resource Centre and Domestic Violence Victoria are collating information, resources and responses to frequently asked questions on COVID-19 and family violence at the Lookout website.
Answering Questions from Children:
Emerging Minds has created a selection of resources to assist parents and carers in Supporting children during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
Suite of Resources
Health and Social Sector Advice:
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) (Department of Health and Human Services, State Government of Victoria)
- Health services and general practice - coronavirus disease (COVID-19) (Department of Health and Human Services, State Government of Victoria)
- Information, guidelines and advice for sectors funded under the Department of Health and Human Services, Department of Education and Training, State Government of Victoria (Funded Agency Channel)
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) health alert (Federal) (Australian Government Department of Health)
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic (Global) (World Health Organization)
- COVID-19 and the community sector resource page (VCOSS - Victorian Council of Social Service)
- Fact Sheets to address specific social issue areas in the context of COVID-19 (Centre for Social Impact)
- A collection of coronavirus (COVID-19) campaign resources for the general public (Australian Government Department of Health)
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): resources for the general public (Health Direct)
- Auslan video updates (COVID-19) (Expression Australia)
Carers, Families and Friends of People Living with Dementia
- COVID-19 tips sheets for carers, families and friends of people living with dementia (Dementia Australia)
- NDIS - Coronavirus (COVID-19) information and support (National Disability Insurance Agency)
- Easy English Community Reource: COVID-19 (Enliven)
- Easy English Community Resource: COVID-19: Self Isolation and Coronavirus (Enliven)
Family Violence Safety
- Information, resources and responses to frequently asked questions on COVID-19 and family violence - Lookout website (Domestic Violence Resource Centre and Domestic Violence Victoria)
- COVID-19 and Family Violence for LGBTIQ+ people (With Respect)
Mental Health and Wellbeing
- Coronavirus: Resources for anxiety, stress & wellbeing (The Black Dog Institute)
- Guide to mental wellbeing during the Coronavirus outbreak (Beyond Blue)
- Health Promotion COVID-19 Resource Hub (VicHealth)
- Mangaging your Mental Health Online During COVID-19 (e-Mental Health in Practice)
- Providing information on social connection & mental wellbeing: COVID-19 webpage resource (Central Hume PCP)
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Translated Resources (Australian Government Department of Health)
- COVID-19 Multilingual Resources (Health Translations)
- COVID-19 Multilingual Resources: Plain English and available in 7 community languages (DPV Health)
- Supporting children during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak (Emerging Minds)
- Talking to children about natural disasters, traumatic events, or worries about the future: Video (Emerging Minds)
- Tips & Ideas for the Home (Outer East PCP)